Sunday, July 26, 2015

How to Make Vacation Longer

Hi readers,
I have been back from my latest vacation for approximately 36 hours.  I have already:

Gone out to an amazing dinner with my boyfriend, read a book, ran 4..ish... miles in Retiro Park, written a blog post, caught up on my e-mail and started harassing my friends about my NEXT vacation.  

Not good at relaxing?  Who, me?!

At around 7 PM I realized-I needed to get my head back in vacation mode.  I immediately booked an appointment at the Hammam Arab Baths.  By 8 PM I was floating blissfully in a pool of hot water, debating the merits of a rose oil massage.  (Pros: Rose oil benefits circulation and rejuvenation.  Cons: No cons)


Vacation is all about relaxing, so in order to stay in vacation mode it is important to do relaxing things.  Obviously, it is important to do relaxing things anyway, so that one does not die in an un-fabulous attack of high-blood-pressure-related illnesses, but immediately after a vacation the state of relaxation is still so close to the front of the mind.  It is easy to coax the mellow vibes back out to play for a few more days if you purposefully create a relaxing atmosphere.



How to create a relaxing post vacation atmosphere, you ask?

Spa appointments are wonderful.  My favorite facial (the Triple Crown at Joanna Vargas in NYC) is so relaxing that I usually fall asleep.  Massages, oxygen chambers, fish pedicures, chocolate body rubs, anti-gravity lights...the list of things you can find at a spa is basically endless.

No money?  Make your own spa.  Light a candle, take a bath, read a magazine, give yourself a foot rub (hint: use a golf ball. You're welcome).

Do something creative.  Draw a picture, write in a journal, cook a meal, go to a museum...do something a little out of the ordinary that makes you think.  About something other than work and your 37 Groupon update e-mails.

Feel sexy.  Vacation is super sexy.  Channel that.  If you have a boyfriend, dress up for a date night or fool around in that slow kissing vacation way.  No boyfriend?  Flirt with some tinder match handsome stranger.  

Beach in Cadiz photos below.

No comments:

Post a Comment