Sunday, July 26, 2015

How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog

Hi readers,

The blogging life reminds me of a playground.  More specifically, the blogging life reminds me of a playground where all the popular girls are standing around the tire swing, loudly laughing and thoughtfully adjusting their adolescent "I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT" concert tee-shirts while I am lurking around the potted trees with the rabid squirrels, dying for someone to notice how awesome I am.
Oh, the joys of childhood.  The point is--ALL bloggers want to know how to get more people to read their blog.  I have been thinking about it lately.  The best advice I can come up with below.

Ways to Get People to Read Your Blog

1) Talk about your blog.  I know.  Yes--you need to be that girl.  Sample conversation below:
Polite stranger at a party: Have we met?
That girl: Not yet.  But you might know my BLOG.  It's called Rhymes with Fabulous.  Do you happen to have a cell phone? 
Polite stranger, now standing slightly further away: Ummm...
That girl: Of course you do! Why are you standing over there?  Take out your phone and give it to me, I will download the Blogger app for you and add my blog to your list of favorites so you can read it every day.  Do you promise to read it every day?! I will give you my e-mail address too, so you can keep in touch and tell me what you think.  Or even better, you can COMMENT on my BLOG.  I loooooove when people comment on my blog....etc.   

2) Instagram.  How does ANY entrepreneurial 20ish-something white girl get anything done these days?! INSTAGRAM! That little self-descriptor line was basically invented for your blog link. The little self-descriptor line also exists on facebook.  Also there are approximately 1,945,752 writer groups on social media sites.  Get busy on linkedin/facebook/pinterest/etc.  Get your name out there. Don't be shy. #blog #fabulous 

3) Make friends.  Friends that write blogs.  They will read your blog AND will probably let you guest post on their blog, which Ramit Sethi promises is a sure-fire way to increase traffic (and I believe him).  Check out some blogger events here


No comments:

Post a Comment