Monday, May 4, 2015

Best Lunches for Work

Hi readers,
In my continued quest to improve my work week (See related: Pick and Choose) I took a break from looking at memes on the internet working on my lesson plans to consider the question of lunch.  I realized my lunch is very functional.  Read: I eat it so I don't starve.  I considered ways to make lunch more interesting and enjoyable and came up with the list below.

Fun up Work Lunch



1) Colorful Food.  Colorful food is pretty.  Personally, I eat salad a lot for lunch because I'm desperately trying to fit into last season's bathing suit I want to save calories for ice cream I enjoy being healthy.  but there are lots of colorful foods that are not healthy as
well, if that's your thing.  Example: Oreo's Multi-stack cookie, in support of Gay Pride.


2) A Quick Dessert.  I love the idea of eating dessert at lunch.  More correctly, I love the idea of eating dessert all day long, but having dessert at lunch is logistically the most sensible.  I find it harder to binge-eat chocolate when I'm wearing work pants, and I can just have something small, be satisfied and then get distracted by sugarpop articles amazon.com important afternoon projects and deadlines.



3) Small bites.  Talking to people at work lunch is nice! Talking with your mouth full is disgusting.  To enjoy work-lunch conversation I try to have food that I can eat in small, dainty bites.  Added bonus: one day someone might actually call me "dainty".  Double added bonus: excellent reason to spend $20 on take-out sushi for lunch!


4) A snack.  The best part of lunch?  When it continues at 3 PM with a granola bar.  Nuff said.





5) An extra portion.  Work out a lunch trade with a work friend.  Tell each other major allergies and dislikes and decide on general calorie limitations, then start to bring lunch for each other one day a week.  Because the most fabulous lunch is the one you didn't have to make (see photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment