Sunday, August 2, 2015

If you don't let go you won't get anywhere

Hi readers,
Like many white Manhattan girls, I depend on Soul Cycle classes for wise sentiments and Zen-like peacefulness. 
https://www.soul-cycle.com
For those of you not familiar with Soul Cycle, I will outline the explanation I gave my boyfriend the other night:

"They are these absurdly expensive spinning classes, but it's more than just spinning class-they are a lifestyle brand. It's like Anthropology but for exercise. It's sort of like belonging to a cult."

I paused in my explanation and realized-it's actually exactly like belonging to a cult! Entranced in my newfound sense of community, I considered the similarities:

I happily give them all my money.
I believe everything they say. 
I like to think about them when I feel sad and misunderstood.
I often feel like other people 'just don't get it'. Except, of course, my awesome cult friends! 

For a girl with lots of self-admitted 'friend insecurity', I am thrilled to have found my tribe. Only in New York.

Top pieces of Soul Cycle wisdom/cultish lifestyle advice:
1) Imagine who you want to be in 45 minutes. Let's work to get there. 
2) Embrace the climb. Struggle is good.
3) You choose to be here. You are in control (best cult advice ever!)

I can't wait to see what gems of wisdom and acceptance are waiting tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment