Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Finding Peace

Hi readers,

I think the hardest thing is to be happy right where you are. There is something about the American South that always highlights this concept for me. 

Human nature slows south of the Mason Dixon line.  Communities thrive on small beauties, warm normalcy and delivered satisfaction. 

I thrive on hurried, fretful decisions, screaming adversity to normalcy and a constant search for deeper meaning. It's important for me to come South and Slow Down. 

I'm writing from Oklahoma City. The business district lays on flat, functional ground. The hotel manager calls me ma'am and shook my fathers hand after breakfast, just to say good morning. Signs politely advise against bringing your personal firearms into government buildings. 
Somehow, this all feels very peaceful. Existence is matter-of-fact. Happiness exists between people, instead of tortured, questioning souls seeking it out on their own. Slow, polite behavior provides an unshakeable code of infrastructure. 
There is a certainty in the South that allows for peace. It is sure enough of itself to slow down. 
I ache to be sure enough of myself to slow down.  Hopefully the formula can be absorbed. 
After all, I'm here for 72 whole hours. 

Image credit: itskat.wordpress.com 
Check her out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment