Monday, August 10, 2015

Jetlag

Hi readers,
I woke up about 7 hours early for my alarm this morning. Since I had nothing more important to do than make it to the airport on time for a flight to Zurich, I decided to indulge in it. It's interesting the places your mind will go with hours to think uninterrupted (or at least only moderately interrupted, by binge reading Amazon Unlimited best sellers such as "Maximum Insecurity: A Doctor in the supermax". It's a true story and surprisingly funny)
I considered if I read too much. I wondered how to quantify the time we spend doing anything as "too much" or "too little". I had a little sojourn into thoughts about passion and life and purpose. I remembered beautiful details about some of the places I've been lucky to live. I worried because I did not remember more details. (If anyone reading knows the name of the street I lived on my junior year of college, I would tremendously appreciate if you got in touch) I went on Facebook and read an article about how I could get better at running and another about how Bernie Sanders could get better at politics. Actually, it might have been more about how the rest of the world could get better at appreciating Bernie Sanders. The writing was a little hard to follow. 
I wondered if I packed too much for my trip. I read an article about packing. Apparently I own too many dresses and not enough "puzzle piece match" options. I am bringing too many socks and not enough jewelry. 
I decided that's okay. Also, I decided the next 7 books I want to read on my kindle and that I need to streamline my hobbies for next year and talk to my brother more. 
I'm glad I had the time to think it all over. Off to the airport.
See you in Switzerland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment