Monday, August 3, 2015

Eat, Pray, Love

Hi readers,

As one does on vacation, I have been amusing myself all summer with thoughts of what I would do if I quit my job and was able to focus on what I really wanted. Normal jobs only give a few weeks to consider the topic, I have been turning it over in my head for almost 2 months. Yesterday my thoughts turned to Elizabeth Gilbert and her darling 2002-ish plea to 'Eat, Pray, Love': 
http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/books/eat-pray-love/
I think it is phenomenal she distilled what she wanted into 3 simple words. What would my words be?! 

Surf, read, skydive? (Not that I actually know how to surf, but something about the ritual of it always features into my carefree ideals about finding deeper life purpose in the present moment) 

Tents, roadtrips, France? (I have been having this fascination with France)

Piano, eavesdropping, journals? (Noted-a piano would greatly decrease mobility. But I feel I could really express myself through music. If I knew how to play an instrument or read any kind of music or carry a tune)

Brunch, cupcakes, champagne? (self-explanatory. Proseco would also be acceptable)

Islands, boats, oceans? (All summer I have been pretending I know how to sail. And I do kind of know how to sail. You pull the ropes until the boat moves.) 

I know there is a book in here somewhere. Until I figure out I'm just going to keep considering how I enjoy spending my free time. Important literary research. 

Walking along the East River, August 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment