Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sources for Creativity

Hi readers,
A creative life is important to me.  Every day I try to find time to write or draw or walk or learn something new.  It helps break up the time between episodes of Top Chef Junior and bottles of Ribera del Duero.

With writing, my best words come early in the morning.  But I have fallen into a writing trap.  I affectionately call it the "I-like-to-write-about-my-morning-anxiety" trap.  When I review my sunrise thoughts, they seem to circle around themes like "drowning" and "burning".  Rather decidedly un-fabulous.  So in the interest of changing my mental bandwidths (and my newfound thoughts about publicly posting more vacation photos) between coffee/tooth-brushing/frantic e-mailing this morning, I decided on a new AM writing exercise.  I can feel your anticipation!

Source for Morning Writing Creativity: Find an old picture.  Write 10 words (or write 100 words, if you have some magical fairy godmother that brushes your teeth, pours your coffee and writes your morning e-mails).

Find some inspiration below.


New beginnings thrusting dreams into clouds and concrete foundations 
(view of NYC from Hoboken, 2014)

Pink breath ignites the water.  Reality stops for the instant of birth.
(Jackson Hole Sunset, 2014)


The lighting of perfection hit the ground and wept over its fire 
(Mt. Shasta, 2014)



No comments:

Post a Comment