Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: Year of Bliss

Hi reader,
Already, not even 20 hours into the new year, I find I am struggling with how to make 2014 the best year yet. Going out to mimosa brunch and discussing (loudly, in front if small children) how to make the year suck less d*** than 2013 led to some revelations on my part.  I think bliss, much like fabulousness, is a simple question of attitude.

In order to have a wonderful year, I need to put on my best heels, smile and get ready to boogie down. When life gets in the way of my fabulous, high-heeled dance party, I need to fall back on my bliss strategies.  What bliss strategies, you ask?  Read below:

1. Deep breathes. I quit smoking 10 years ago, but I find that taking a deep breath break is still a totally integral part of most days. And by that I mean on the days I don't take deep breath breaks, I'm pretty much a total b****.


2. Mini massages at the manicure place. I've just gotten into this in the last couple years.  Specifically, when I went to get my nails done with my cousin and asked her why the hell she would waste $15 on a ten minute massage. Turns out it's totally worth the extra $15 dollars.

3. Drinking lots of water. Which would increase my water consumption from almost nonexistent to just below acceptable.  Theoretically, I have also heard this decreases snack consumption and increases pooping?  And pooping is fabulous.

4. Taking time to relax. In general I am not a hugely relaxed person, but I do love baths. And increasingly I find I love lying in bed and staring at the wall--which is either a sign that I am getting much better at relaxing...or a sign of serious clinical depression/early onset dementia.  Only time will tell....

5. Buy a new pair of heels for the boogie down. Dance parties are a totally central part of the bliss. It is impossible to be depressed while you are dancing.  Especially while you are dancing in totally fabulous shoes.
It always comes back to the shoes...


What do YOU do to keep up your bliss? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment