Sunday, January 24, 2016

Balance of Life

Hi readers,

The balance of life??!!  You are dying to know!
Here it is:

The balance of life exists as a pendulum.  The falling and the climbing are endlessly exhilarating. Lately however, I've been hanging out in at the equilibrium position (see photo).




I'm excited about the prospects ahead of me: moving, learning more Spanish, buying adorable new black work boots.  I'm also comfortable with where I am: in a great apartment, moderately comfortable in 2 of the 17 past tense verb conjugations that exist in Spanish, no black work boots (BUT the proud new owner of fabulous black suede weekend boots).  I feel stable and accomplished.


I adore the bottom of the pendulum.



However, I don't expect it to last forever.  Report cards will be due again.  I will attempt a new Spanish verb conjugation relatively soon, throwing my current verb conjugations into a state of absolute upheaval.  My new boots will make my feet hurt.  Eventually, I will have to head up the old "massive bob hill" (again, see photo) and do some hard work just to feel like I am slipping backwards and slowing down.

But now, from the bottom, I feel like I can see a clear trajectory and I like where it's going.  The pendulum needs movement to exist, after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment