Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Holiday Decorations

Hi readers,

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Madrid.

Actually, it's likely that it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere.

I just noticed yesterday.

The city decorated for Christmas two and a half weeks ago.  There are lights up on all the major streets, massive fake trees up in all the plazas, and hordes of slow-walking Spanish old ladies  strolling arm-in-arm on every sidewalk.

The thing about Christmas decorations?

You have to stop and take the time to appreciate them.  Otherwise, they just pass by in a peripheral blur as you focus on side-stepping slow old ladies and trying not to say mean things about them in your head.  Or out loud.

Yesterday,  I was sitting in a cab, blissfully unaware of the crowds on the sidewalks, and took the time to stop and appreciate some of the city decorations.

Translation: I  took 30 seconds to look out the window at a Christmas tree set up in a European chain coffee shop.  But whatever, Christmas spirit calls from many different locations.  I found the silver-tinsel laden tree at La Rollerie very peaceful and inspiring.

I love holiday decorations.  This year, I had kind of forgotten about them (due to aforementioned travel/work fall rush).  I'm excited to find some peace in the holiday season.  Decorative meditation photos below from the places I will be spending my holidays.


(Sol Plaza, Madrid)



(Rockefeller Center, New York)


(Champs de Elysee, Paris)

No comments:

Post a Comment