Saturday, September 6, 2014

Happiness is...

Hi readers,

For what it's worth, I've had a challenging month.  I packed my life up into some suitcases, moved to a new country where I don't speak the language, found a new apartment and started a new job.  The changes have left my head spinning at the end of most days and given a new depth to those all-important 3 little words: emotional roller coaster.


I am generally a very happy person.  This month has tested my ability to stay happy in the face of massive, decisive life changes. I have never been so uncertain about my direction, my ability to succeed and the general strength of my character as I have been while walking, tired and alone down (beautiful) foreign streets, single and trying to fit in with an entire new culture worth of people.

I've been reflecting a lot on my happiness.  I realized, more than anything else, happiness is a choice.

Happiness is a choice. 


The all-powerful wizzard of Oz (aka Arianna Huffington) absolutely nailed it with this article.  The suggestions features editor Carolyn Gregoire gives are all wonderful.  Take the time to read it!  Or, read my budget interpretations below, in my newly created, hot off the presses fingertips...drumroll please.....

HAPPINESS OATH

1.  Self-Reflection
I will not be afraid of self-reflection and I will always try to end reflection in a place of joy
2.  Laughter
I will laugh at least once a day, preferably at a time when I would rather scream or cry
3.  Presence 
I will live in the moment so I can enjoy time as it passes
4.  Relationships
I will cherish my family and my friendships
5.  Self-Respect
I will sleep well, exercise well, eat well and be thankful towards my beautiful body for all it can do 


What would you add?  Take away?  Comment below : )

1 comment:

  1. This post maka me HAPPY :-D Thanks for sharing, Care! LOVE the idea of a 'Happiness Oath!'

    I would venture to add:

    6. Music
    I will listen to music at least once a day.

    7. Good Food
    I will feed my body and mind healthy food that makes me feel good.

    Blissfully Yours,

    Tatiana

    Founder, Tatiana's Health and Wellness
    http://tatianashealthandwellness.com/

    Blog: HealthyliciousBliss™
    http://healthyliciousbliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete