Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Choice of Fabulous

Hi reader,
Here's the thing:
Fabulous is a choice.
It is a lifestyle and an outlook on the world that spreads through the years like butter Nutella Smart Balance on warm bread.  Fabulous is a superpower.  It infuses negative situations with sunshine and happiness.
Read the two passages below and tell me which one is fabulous:

1.  I just turned 30.  I'm single (recently went through a heart-breaking devastation of a break-up and now don't know if I will ever get married, procreate, etc, thanks for asking).  I live in New York City.  I'm a teacher at a high needs public high school. It's difficult and exhausting.  I worry endlessly about my students and whether they have enough to eat and a safe place to go home to.

2.  I just turned 30 and so far it has been wonderful, based mostly on the fact that for my birthday I dumped 185 200 pounds of dead weight--my cheating ex boyfriend ; )
I live in New York City, the best city in the world!  I'm all over the museums, music scene and broadway shows like a Kardashian chasing around a free botox bus.  I'm a teacher so I get to take fabulous vacations and travel all over the world in my time off. Life is good and I'm thankful.

So....both statements are true, but only one smacks of fabulous. I am writing this blog to keep the fabulous-smacking a little closer to the surface. Do it with me, reader! Rephase your day so it sounds FABULOUS and write a comment about it below.



No comments:

Post a Comment